Forwarding my earlier message to wikitech-l.

Best,
CT

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ct Woo <ct...@wikimedia.org>
Date: Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 5:44 AM
Subject: [Wmfall] Announcing Pending Departure
To: "Staff (All)" <wmf...@lists.wikimedia.org>

All,

It is never a good time or easy to leave the job you love. With regrets, it
saddens me to announce that I'll be leaving the Foundation in about 3
months. The exact timing of my departure will depend on finding my
replacement and the transition over to my successor.

In my two and half years with the Foundation, we saw the growing and
maturing of the TechOps department, resulting in significant improvement in
both the technical infrastructure and service processes. The entire
technology stack has been refreshed reducing much of our technical debt and
we built and migrated to a new and better designed datacenter. In addition,
the site performance and stability are ever best. I am so proud to be
working with the highly capable and talented TechOps and the engineering
teams .
 *
*
My future plans are still in the works. I might restart my previous
not-for-profit education startup (teaching technology to kids) or seek
another exciting adventure that is fulfilling.  I do, however, know that I
want to spend more time with my aging parents now and, of course, with my
immediate family.

I like to thank all of you for making my experience here so memorable,
especially to my team who have been extremely wonderful to work with.

Thank you so much!

CT Woo