On 04/23/2013 01:04 PM, Matthew Flaschen wrote:
On 04/23/2013 02:36 PM, Quim Gil wrote:
Thanks to Lydia we have now a link to a collection of real & good GSoC
proposals:

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1Iqk8MTix2CN1pAgqhZqhefKTwiA7P73zQH9N46lvyB0

Good point! And thanks to the prompt answers from Sumana we have now a couple of additional local suggestions at the GSoC page:

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Jarry1250/GSoC_2012_roadmap

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Drecodeam/GSoC_2012_Application

Also, I got a good question on IRC: how do we know which students are working on proposals an which ones are still looking for a project? The question came from a promoter of a project that has a mentor but is missing a student.

fair enough, now we have different sections under https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Summer_of_Code_2013#Students

I can maintain the list of Confirmed candidates, since it's easy to check against the GSoC tool. There are about 50 students that added themselves to that list and (to the best of our knowledge) aren't working on proposals yet. Let's see if that list moves up during this week.

--
Quim Gil
Technical Contributor Coordinator @ Wikimedia Foundation