Hi,

The deadline for submissions to the FOSS Outreach Program for Women is

*** 19:00pm UTC on May 1, 2013 ***

You must send your application to opw-list{}gnome.org before the deadline. No exceptions!

https://live.gnome.org/OutreachProgramForWomen#Send_in_an_Application

You can keep improving your proposal in your project wiki page after the deadline. It is ok if you haven't completed your mandatory contribution yet. It is also ok if you don't have two co-mentors confirmed yet.

Also remember: http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2013-April/068842.html

If you hesitate, just apply. You will have more days to ask questions and improve your proposal.

After applying you can add yourself to https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Outreach_Program_for_Women#Candidates

What happens after submitting your OPW proposal:

* If you are also applying to GSoC then focus on GSoC. The first evaluation will be done in that context following the GSoC process and without any gender specific considerations.

* If your proposal is strictly for OPW then we will start evaluating it and we might come back to you with questions.

The official announcement of accepted interns will be done by the OPW program on May 27: https://live.gnome.org/OutreachProgramForWomen/2013/JuneSeptember#Schedule

However, we might confirm some or all the Wikimedia interns by May 10. It will partially depend on the GSoC selection process.

Good luck to everybody!

--
Quim Gil
Technical Contributor Coordinator @ Wikimedia Foundation