On 2013-05-06 1:31 PM, "Quim Gil" <q...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> On 05/06/2013 05:41 AM, Guillaume Paumier wrote:
>>
>> A few people have started to organize the various bug reports about
>> watchlists, but there is still much to do before we have a clear &
>> prioritized vision of what the watchlist feature should become.
>

> fwiw I had already suggested a Bug Day focusing on the Watchlist feature.
If this is considered useful Andre could schedule it whenever appropriate.

>> Therefore, if a few developers could declare their interest in
>> tackling the watchlist issue in the foreseeable future, it would help
>> arouse interest and enthusiasm from users, and motivate them to
>> organize user research in order to design a better watchlist feature.
>>
>> I don't think we need a formal pledge or commitment; a simple
>> declaration of interest would imho be enough to get started. The
>> specifics can be ironed out later.
>

> Sounds like an entry to
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Mentorship_programs/Possible_projects#Raw_projectsmight
help as soon as there is a broad idea of what needs to be done.

What happened to last years gsoc project in this area? Are there people
working on getting it merged?

-bawolff