I was using these tutorials in past, and they were pretty complicated
for me to understand git. I don't say it should be considered some
"official" documentation, rather something what desperate people could
use.

Git/Workflow and such are written by people who already understand git
- they don't see what seems complicated to newbies or what is really
hard and makes git evil to new users. I think some far, far simpler
guide like "git for dummies" or whatever similar, could be useful for
many new contributors who have no idea about git.