https://lwn.net/Articles/548910/

A summary of talks at a recent conference on test automation, with a
bunch of links for people who want to follow up and watch videos.

> A major theme was WebDriver, which is an API for automating web browsers.
> Mozilla presented its work on WebDriver support in Gecko and extensions to
> WebDriver to allow automated testing of FirefoxOS beyond just the
> Gecko-powered content layer. Google talked about WebDriver support in
> Chrome/Chromium, including Chrome on Android. Others demonstrated FOSS
> software that re-purposes the WebDriver API for testing native mobile
> applications on Android and iOS.

We use Selenium, which makes use of WebDriver.
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/QA/Roadmap has more.  I believe we are
not currently using any of the technologies mentioned to specifically
perform automated testing on mobile apps or mobile browsers, although I
could be wrong.

Chris McMahon was at this conference and may have more specific "we
should do foo" recommendations. :)

--
Sumana Harihareswara
Engineering Community Manager