On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 1:01 PM, Steven Walling <steven.wall...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 12:29 PM, David Gerard <dger...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Well, that's disconcerting - is this actually all the edits with the
> > Visual Editor?
> >

> https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:RecentChanges&tagfilter=visualeditor
> >
> > I'll have to make a point of hammering on it more ;-)
> >

> Yes the RecentChanges tag should be comprehensive.
>
> I think part of this is due to the "opt in" nature of the tool, and the
> rest is due to some well-known limitations. It doesn't yet handle
> templates, images, or references very well, and it's pretty slow on English
> Wikipedia still. I think the VisualEditor and Parsoid team are aware of all
> these, and have work in progress or on the near-term roadmap.

Yeah, I expect the overlap between "people who follow wikimedia news enough
to know they can opt-in" and "people who do fairly complex formatting work"
is pretty high. E.G. I have it installed, but rarely use it because most of
my on-wiki work is fixing references, which the VE can't cope with yet (or,
it's simply faster for me to do it by hand, as I can write markup in my
sleep).

Would it be helpful for the dev team to have more people using it on a
regular basis?
-- phoebe

--
* I use this address for lists; send personal messages to phoebe.ayers <at>
gmail.com *