It may not be explicitly deprecated now, but it would be nice to deprecate and remove action=render.

We STILL have this sitting around Title:

        // @todo FIXME: This causes breakage in various places when we
        // actually expected a local URL and end up with dupe prefixes.
        if ( $wgRequest->getVal( 'action' ) == 'render' ) {
                $url = $wgServer . $url;
        }