Hello!

I have implemented an idea for WikiEditor extension: replace "step-by-step publish" feature with another one - "publish staying in edit mode via AJAX". You can see a demo at http://wiki.4intra.net/ if you want. It works simply by sending an API save article request while NOT closing the article being edited. Also it handles section edits correctly via re-requesting section content after editing, so you'll stay with consistent edit form even if you add sections.

The idea is to give authors the ability to save intermediate results.

My question is - does anyone really need "step-by-step publishing" feature that is in WikiEditor? I think it's useless because it just duplicates the existing functionality, just submits the form using normal POST request, and makes editing harder as you have to do more clicks. I would submit a patch to Gerrit if you're interested in replacing it with "publish-staying-in-editmode".

--
With best regards,
  Vitaliy Filippov