Le 09/06/13 13:18, Daniel Friesen a écrit :
> For those of you wishfully waiting for the day we can require PHP 5.4 to
> use MediaWiki feel free to add your wishes to:
>
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/PHP_5.4

Thank you for that document.  To me the only worthwhile feature is
traits which would make some part of the code a bit cleaner or easier to
organize.

I like the short array syntax, but I do not think it is worth breaking
PHP 5.3 compatibility just to save a few keystrokes :-)

PHP 5.4 also brings some performances boosts (I have no metrics though).
But nothing seems to our 5.3 codebase to run on 5.4, so there is no
hurry to upgrade our requirement.

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso