On 2013-06-10 3:02 AM, "Dmitriy Sintsov" <ques...@rambler.ru> wrote:

>> 10 Июнь 2013 г. 9:15:44 пользователь  (j00...@mail.com) написал:
>>

>> Hello everyone,
>> I want to modify the default Vector theme that comes with 1.21.1. But
before I do that I want to rename it. I want to name it nighttime.  I
created a folder called nighttime and copied all the vector files into it.
Then I made a copy of Vector.php and called it Nighttime.php. I then
modified the appropriate contents of Nighttime.php as follows...
>> ---------------
>> class SkinNighttime extends SkinTemplate {
>>  protected static $bodyClasses = array( 'vector-animateLayout' );
>>  var $skinname = 'nighttime', $stylename = 'nighttime',
>>  $template = 'NighttimeTemplate', $useHeadElement = true;

>> unction setupSkinUserCss( OutputPage $out ) {
>>  parent::setupSkinUserCss( $out );
>>  $out->addModuleStyles( 'skins.nighttime' );
>> class NighttimeTemplate extends BaseTemplate {
>> -----------------
>> You can see what the site looks after I renamed everything at
http://beta.dropshots.com/j00100/media/75373447 It appears as if there is
no formatting.
>> I did some searching on Google but everything I found dealt with older
versions. Does anyone know how to rename Vector and have it working on 1.21?
>> Thanks
>
> Also, if you change skin name you may encounter some incompatibilities,
for example Extension:VisualEditor has a whitelist for "supported skin
names":

> class VisualEditorHooks {
>         /** List of skins VisualEditor integration supports */
>         protected static $supportedSkins = array( 'vector', 'apex',
'monobook' );

Visual editor should really use a hook for that....

----

The reason you got no formatting is probably due to renaming thr line:
$out->addModuleStyles( 'skins.nighttime' );

Without creating a skins.nighttime module. This should all be covered in
Daniel's link.

-bawolff