On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 7:50 AM, Waldir Pimenta <wal...@email.com> wrote:

>  Test it here: http://hexm.de/mw-search

Nice.  Is there a way to pass a query string to it, e.g.
    http://hexm.de/mw-search?q=%s
? Then we could store this as a bookmarklet with keyword 'ts'[1] and type
`ts 49604` to search. It works if you do a custom search for foo and
replace the &q=foo in the long www.google.com/cse URL with &q=%s.

Nemo commented:

> gitblit is more robust and faster than gitweb, so it allows crawling by
> search engines.

It's working but gitblit pages have generic <title> tags and no meta
description or keywords, so the results don't show the title of a patch.
http://support.google.com/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=35624suggests
how HTML pages should be structured (though Google is deliberately
vague to hinder search result spammers) and
https://developers.google.com/custom-search/docs/structured_data talks
about rich snippets available to custom search (I've never tried it).

[1] like the essential "jump to Wikipedia page" 'w' bookmarklet
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%s . Why search when you can go direct.

--
=S Page  software engineer on E3