On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 10:49 PM, Steven Walling
<steven.wall...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 5:42 PM, Nicolas Vervelle <nverve...@gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > I tried VE a few times, and clearly think it's not yet in a situation
> where
> > it could be rolled out to unexperienced users :
> > * VE is still very limited in what you can do with it (no templates, no
> > references, ...). What will be the reaction of a new user when he sees
> that
> > he can't edit some parts of the article ?
> >

> I would always double check the latest version before we talk about VE's
> limitations -- the feature set is evolving pretty rapidly right now, to the
> credit of the team. For instance, VE now supports adding and editing
> references and templates. (This weekend on English Wikipedia, I was able to
> pretty smoothly add navigation box templates and page protection templates
> to articles.)

My mail is more than a week old, those features have been activated since
then, they weren't available when I sent the mail...
But I still think that VE is far from being stable, tested and enhanced
enough to be set as the default editor for new contributors.
The activity on the various feedback pages is a good indicator that it's
not yet ready for being the default editor.

Nico