* Strainu wrote:
>> wget "http://despresate.strainu.ro/judet.php?id=15&f=xml&t=all&commune=all";
>> -O 1.xml
>2013-07-15 00:37:58 (178 KB/s) - `1.xml' saved [31081]

That uses U+021B and not U+0163. U+021B was not allowed in element type
names in the fourth edition of the XML 1.0 specification (but is allowed
now in the fifth edition).

>Still, it seems to me that unicode char support in tag names is
>sketchy.  Would you recommend that I go ahead with those names or it
>would be wiser, for the sake of reusers, to keep to the ascii letters?

If you stick to the characters allowed in the fourth edition only, see
<http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/REC-xml-20060816/#NT-Name>, you should have
only the usual problems (like using the non-ascii characters in source
code meant to process documents of this kind and failing due to i18n
issues in their programming environment).
--
Björn Höhrmann · mailto:bjo...@hoehrmann.de · http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de