On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 12:15 PM, Tyler Romeo <tylerro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just to clear some things up, composer is *not* a package manager. It is
> actually pretty terrible at being a package manager, mainly because it's
> not supposed to be one. The purpose of composer is solely dependency
> management.

Arguably the problem which needs to be solved here is dependency management.

Regardless, the question is: can composer help?  It appears that it can:
  https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Composer

I'm interested in having a technical discussion of next steps.  What can we
do to make this work even better?
 --scott (who will attempt to ignore future non-technical posts on this
thread)

--
(http://cscott.net)