> Metadata Set Repo
> -----------------
> one of the goals of the project is to store Metadata Sets, such as XML
> under some type of version control. those Metadata Sets need to be
> accessible so that the extension can grab the content from it and process
> it. processing involves iterating over the entire Metadata Set and creating
> Jobs for the Job Queue which will upload each individual media file and
> metadata into a media file page using a Mediawiki template format, such as
> Artwork.
>
> some initial requirements
> • File sizes
>   • can range from a few kilobytes to several megabytes.
>   • max file-size is 100mb.
>
> • XML Schema - not required.
> • XML DTD - not required.
>
> • When metadata is in XML format, each record must consist of a single
> parent with many child
>   • XML attribute lang= is the only one currently used and without user
> interaction
>
> • There is no need to display the Metadata sets in the wiki.
> • There is no need to edit the Metadata sets in the wiki.
>
> we initially developed the extension to store the files in the File:
> namespace, but we were told by the Foundation that we should use
> ContentHandler instead. unfortunately there is an issue with storing
> content > 1mb in the db so we need to find another solution.
>
> 1. any suggestions?

What I would suggest is a hybrid approach. The metadata file gets
uploaded, and is stored using FileBackend class. (There's a couple
extensions that store "files" without them being a file page. For
example the Score extension stores the rendered files on the server,
but its not attached to any file page). Once the xml file is on the
server, use ContentHandler to make a new content type that stores a
reference to the file [instead of the original file] (probably in the
form of a mediawiki virtual file url).

--bawolff