>> In demographics we can see pretty good information about all data
>> sources community. Mailing list members are going down also (mailing
>> lists are used less? where is the support of the projects moving on?),
>

> Data about mailing lists, IRC and even wikis is good to have but I'm not
sure they are key. These channels support the real deal: code repostories
(and Bugzilla too). For instance, a % of discussions that happen now on
Gerrit probably took place before at wikitech-l.

I find that hard to believe (unless you are going back to the pre
Special:CodeReview era.) Perhaps there is an increase of people talking
face to face/internal wmf meetings over using wikitech-l. Perhaps the
(possibly imagined) increase in bikeshedding is making people less likely
to post to the list.

-bawolff