On 2013-08-25 6:20 PM, "Jeremy Baron" <jer...@tuxmachine.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 12:15 AM, Jeroen De Dauw <jeroended...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > I'm curious what the stance of WMF is on BSD, MIT and MPL licensed
code. In
> > particular, could such code be deployed on WMF servers?
>
> I'm sure it is already deployed on WMF servers. Can you elaborate?
>
> e.g. deployed is not the same as being part of MediaWiki. We use
> [[Jenkins (software)]] on WMF servers and the enwiki article says it
> is MIT licensed.
>
> What exactly would you like to do?
>
> -Jeremy

My understanding is several extensions that are deployed are under dwtfywwi
license.

This is obviously just my personal opinion (which means nothing), but I
can't imagine there being a problem with a gpl-compatible license that
wasn't the gpl. I'd be surprised if there was a problem with any open
source license.

-bawolff