----- Original Message -----
> From: "Lee Worden" <worden....@gmail.com>

> I ask because I've been producing editsection-like links for a long time
> in our extension project, with commas in between - for example a LaTeX
> document will come with a list of links like "[log, pdf, dvi]". Maybe
> I should switch to using pipes instead of commas.

I'm not sure if there's a *policy* answer, but I would say that my opinion
is that a pipe is a better separator than a comma for two reasons:

1) Commas have a left-affinity (which pipes don't) and
2) Commas expect a following space (whereas you can do pipes with or without
as long as you make the same choice on both sides).

Therefore, for this category of separator, I think pipes would be less
jarring to readers -- at least English readers.

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                  Baylink                       j...@baylink.com