Hi, we have the final results of our Summer internship programs:

GSoC: 18 pass - 2 pending
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Summer_of_Code_2013

OPW: 1 pass - 0 pending
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Outreach_Program_for_Women/Round_6

First of all: THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO ALL INTERNS AND MENTORS FOR YOUR HARD WORK.

I can't describe how happy I am about the whole Summer.

And how good it feels to read posts like these:

http://moriel.smarterthanthat.com/tips/google-summer-of-code-2013-summary/

http://bleededge.blogspot.com/2013/09/wrap-up-of-my-outreach-program-for.html

Please share your wrap-up reports here, and link them from the wiki page tables.

Now, the smaller prints.

There is a lot of analysis to be done and we will share more in the following weeks. Not all the PASS project were flawless and not all delivered everything as planned initially. But a pass is a pass, and everybody worked hard and learned aplenty to get them.

We are giving a chance to the pending projects to reach completion. They also worked hard, passing the mid term evaluation and delivering solid code. But then something went irreparably wrong and... Any help pushing the current work until the end is more than welcome.

We have new lessons learned (both from pass and pending projects) that we will compile and share soon.

... and now starts another fascinating phase: encouraging these 21 interns to stay with us, becoming regular contributors and, eventually, future mentors for new generations of interns. Everybody can help to achieve this. A good start: congratulate in a response to their reports, user pages, FIXED bug reports...

--
Quim Gil
Technical Contributor Coordinator @ Wikimedia Foundation