Tyler Romeo <tylerromeo <at> gmail.com> writes:
> On Sat, Sep 28, 2013 at 3:23 PM, Amelia Ireland
> <amelia.ireland <at> gmod.org>wrote:
>
> > I want to rewrite a couple of extensions to prevent them from loading
> > resources unless the extension is active on a page. Is there some
> > documentation on this somewhere, or an extension that does
> > this whose code I can examine?
> >

> This is probably what you're looking for:
>
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/ResourceLoader/Developing_
> with_ResourceLoader#Client-side_.28dynamically.29
>
> There's a JavaScript function mw.loader.using() that loads modules before
> calling the passed closure.

I've already used this method with one of the extensions. Is there anything
on the backend / PHP side so that I can advantage of ResourceLoader script
compression? It seems like it should be possible, but I don't have a
thorough-enough knowledge of the innards of Mediawiki, and I can't find
anything in the docs on this topic.

Thanks,
Amelia.