On 10/10/2013 01:31 AM, JFC Morfin wrote:
> Thank you for your response. I certainly understand this. My question is
> in your "almost". My interest is in a seemless
> transition/simulteaneousity between the current user/admin experience
> and a NoSQL approach. This is why I am interested in knowing if some
> efforts have been engaged in that area or if I should start from scratch
> a top-down evaluation.

I have been working on a storage API with the intention of supporting
distributed backends (Cassandra initially). Our primary focus is
revision storage for now, but if that works well I don't see a reason
why it can't be expanded to other use cases as well. See
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:GWicke/Notes/Storage.

I am more interested in storage abstraction than NoSQL per se. The goal
is to have a narrow storage interface and a choice of backends including
NoSQL.

Gabriel