Hello!

I'm extremely pleased to announce that we've had two promotions within the
Technical Operations team!

Leslie Carr has been promoted to Senior Operations Engineer (Networking). As
many of you know, along with Mark, Leslie has been instrumental in securing
preferred rates and contracts with with connectivity providers and vendors on
the networking side of our infrastructure - in a world where human connections
are every bit as important as topographic ones, Leslie has maintained a vast
network of contacts to help ensure that we're receiving competitive pricing,
fair peering, and a plethora of other perks that come part and parcel with
maintaining solid relationships in the networking arena, while also taking
point on many of the technical aspects of our network infrastructure as well.

We're lucky to have her, and I look forward to working with her as the team
completes the setup of ULSFO and begins work on our next data-centre project.

Ryan Lane has also been promoted to Senior Operations Engineer. Ryan has served
as the lead on the Labs project, a component of our infrastructure that has
become increasingly critical to projects both within WMF engineering (with Beta
Labs), as well as with various volunteer projects (via Tool Labs). Ryan is
about to head up the migration of this infrastructure from Tampa to Ashburn as
part of our plan to sunset the Tampa data-centre.

Additionally, Ryan has also played a key role in several non-labs-related
projects, including most recently our HTTPS-as-default project, as well as work
on integrating git-deploy into the mediawiki deployment pipeline. Ryan's work
has been invaluable, and this promotion well-deserved.

Thanks!

--Ken.