Iceland is cool (in just about every sense of the word!), but I'm not sure
it does a lot of good for our users in the most difficult-to-serve areas:
Asia, Africa, South America. (Notice the parallels with the "global south"
areas.)  It might be helpful for the Middle East.

I think it is easy to forget how well-serviced we are in North America and
Europe; however, being in Hong Kong this year reinforced to me that
even very good service there is not much better than "Western" dial-up.
That becomes increasingly challenging as we add more and more "mandatory"
javascript to every page that is opened.

Risker