On 2013-10-24 5:04 PM, Steven Walling wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 7:04 AM, Dan Andreescu
> <dandree...@wikimedia.org>wrote:
>
>> That's really cool Ori.  Have people looked into why jQuery UI gets loaded
>> by default?  It seems to not be used in any obvious way.
>>
> One reason I've heard for doing this is so people can use it content pages.
> We've had requests to do the same for mediawiki.ui. Otherwise, people who
> want to put buttons in Help pages and the like can't use it.
This brings up two points:
A) Instead of relying on defaults we should probably have some parser
function these pages can use to declare that they want mediawiki.ui css
to be loaded.
B) jQuery UI's styling is intended for JS components and hence loaded
via JS. Page contents shouldn't be relying on it.