>> Daniel Friesen <dan...@nadir-seen-fire.com> wrote:
> On 2013-10-27 2:45 PM, Marcin Cieslak wrote:
>> Some example:
>>
>> https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/92252/
>>
>> needs https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/92179/ in core,
>> that gives some method to override.
>>
>> Surprisinly, it even works (rc_ip will be set to "" on
>> AbuseFilter blocks).
>>
>> //Saper

> Could you explain why a whole subclass of user is needed. From what I'm
> seeing there's little need for an actual class. And a whole lot of what
> looks methods copied from core and then perhaps only slightly modified
> (ie: non-DRY).

newFrom* and friends needed to be copied over because they create
instances of "User" and not of derivative class (to fix this
a factory method would be needed to replace "new User" in those
methods).

The only (experimental) reason for now is the little getUserIP.
This is just a proof of concept, if such subclassing has
any chance of working.

//Saper