On Oct 30, 2013 3:11 PM, "Daniel Kinzler" <dan...@brightbyte.de> wrote:

> Am 10.10.2013 18:40, schrieb Rob Lanphier:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I think Daniel buried the lede here (see his mail below), so I'm
> > mailing this out with a subject line that will hopefully provoke more
> > discussion.  :-)
>
> Thanks for bumping this, Rob. And thanks to Tim for moderating this
discussion
> so far, and to everyone for the criticism.
>
> And sorry for my late reply, I'm just now catching up on email after a
brief
> vacation and a few days of conferencing.
>
> I'll reply to the various comments in this thread in this mail, to keep
the
> discussion focused. I hope I managed to reply to all the relevant points.

Snip

> > Would it make sense to cut a TitleValue branch as a playground? If we
> > can get some code before the January summit, that would give us all a
> > bit more experience.
>
> My experience from introducing the ContentHandler makes me very wary of
using a
> development branch. Rebasing that over and over is going to be very
painful.

> -- daniel

Rebase early, rebase often. At some point integration must take place. Not
using a separate branch won't help you there. Anyone working on anything
involving the title object that hasn't been merged yet will hate to rebase
whenever you'll have merged back to master though. Which kind of solidifies
your original point

Martijn.