On Nov 4, 2013, at 14:24, Remco de Boer <remcocdeb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Shawn,
>

> I'm currently working on the Memento Extension for Mediawiki, as announced
>> earlier today by Herbert Van de Sompel.
>
> This is very exciting! Coincidentally, at last week's SMWCon (the Semantic
> MediaWiki conference) in Berlin I gave a presentation to argue that we need
> some sort of 'time travelling' feature (slides are available at
> http://slidesha.re/1iIf3F9). One of the other participants also pointed out
> the Memento protocol.
>
> Are you familiar with Semantic MediaWiki (http://www.semantic-mediawiki.org/)
> as an extension to MediaWiki? I'm curious what it would take to let SMW
> play nice together with Memento.

Before announcing the Memento extension to this list we tested it with a
locally installed Semantic MediaWiki and all seemed OK. It would be great if
someone could test it on a live one with actual real data. We got in touch with
the people behind http://neurolex.org/wiki/Main_Page but they are running an
older MediaWiki version and are not in a hurry to upgrade because they have a
lot of extensions.

From the early days of Memento, we have been very interested in semantic web,
linked data applications of the Memento protocol. See, for example:
- http://arxiv.org/abs/1003.3661 - illustrates the power of the protocol to do
time series analysis across versions of linked data description (in DBpedia)
- http://mementoweb.org/depot/native/dbpedia/ - the DBpedia archive that we
operate and that is Memento compliant -

Greetings

Herbert