On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 9:06 PM, Nathan Larson <nathanlarson3...@gmail.com>wrote:

> > (snip)
> > I actually like the formalism a bit - since it at least makes sure
> > that they don't rot. BDFLs are good.
> >

> Does it keep them from rotting? It looks like of the 60 RFCs in draft or in
> discussion, 24 were last updated before 2013.
>
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Leucosticte/RFCs_sorted_by_%22updated%22_date

Weren't most of the RFCs you're talking about started before the new
process was implemented? There's a lot of cleanup work to be done, and so
far it seems like decent progress has been made. I agree we could be more
aggressive about closing RFCs that are long stale, but it's hard to fault
an architectural process that replaces what amounted to a vacuum. It's not
like RFCs were all tidy and making progress before any new process was
announced.

Steven