On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 3:51 AM, Gerard Meijssen
<gerard.meijs...@gmail.com>wrote:

> According to the website of myopenid [1], they are closing down Februari 1.
> My hope was for the Wikimedia Foundation to come to the rescue and provide
> a non commercial alternative to what Google and Facebook offer.
>
> I am extremely disappointed that we are not. I hope that what is done
> instead has at least a similar impact than leaving it all to the commercial
> boys and girls. Privacy should not be left to commerce and national secret
> services.

Our account security honestly makes us a poor choice for an auth provider
and you should have never considered us for this anyway. We don't have
password requirements, we don't offer two factor auth, we don't offer good
ways to rescue a lost account, and we really don't want to be a target of
attack for the purpose of owning other websites.

Also, if you're really concerned about privacy you should be putting your
support behind Mozilla's BrowserID (Persona).

- Ryan