There is no conventional process for gadget publishing, but you may
proposed it to English Wikipedia in:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Gadget/proposals
and it is a community decision whether to adapt it or not (and please read
first https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Gadget)
Other such pages exist for various projects/languages, and there are
different policies.

Another option*, if the target audience isn't Wikimedia projects but any
MediaWiki installation is
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Gadgets/Scripts
(*Disclaimer: I don't know if anyone actually use this list or review it...)