Hi Nitin,

On 01/18/2014 12:55 AM, Nitin Agarwal wrote:
> I would like to Wikimedia as Web Developer and Systems Administrator
> projects. I have gone through the
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Starter_kitand installed and configured
> mediawiki on my machine running at localhost.

Very good! The next step is to choose a first bug to work on. Check

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Annoying_little_bugs

If you have doubts about a specific bug you can ask directly in the bug
report.

If you are interested in GSoC then a good strategy is to select a
project, and focus all your attention there. Find the related easy bugs
and fix them while meeting the regular contributors in that area.

Thank you for your interest in contributing to Wikimedia.

--
Quim Gil
Technical Contributor Coordinator @ Wikimedia Foundation