Hey,

Java is a technology with strong and weak sides, like any other.
Religiously labeling anything that resembles something from it as evil
because you do not like it is perhaps not the most constructive approach
one can take. That is quite obvious of course. From my vantage point, it
definitely seems like a lot of this is going on in the MediaWiki community
with regards to this topic and several others. Do you think this is not the
case - good for you. It is however the reason I am very reluctant to join
any such discussions, and I know this is the case for many other people as
well.

Cheers

--
Jeroen De Dauw