On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 at 10:04 AM, Jon Robson wrote:

> Brad since you work for the for the foundation and seem to have a lot of
> expertise in this area and seem to have been one of the more vocal
> supporters of free fonts have you reached out to your work colleagues over
> video conferencing or similar to understand the problems being hit and
> helped them work through them? Email doesn't seem to have been an effective
> method of communication in this situation as you have pointed out. Maybe
> you can help with documenting these issues and helping people like yourself
> understand the problems and why this change was reverted?

It always is a good idea to read IRC and pick up ideas there — especially if a
channel isn't logged! If an idea is fruitful, you just get it actioned off-irc
(as a bug report, or as an addition to documentation).

For decision-making IRC is just more interactive and more ideas get conveyed
and analyzed with less effort.

E-mail and formal "meetings" are in my view harder due to difficulty in
conveying ideas or simply participating where I come up with a small idea and
want to simply know what others think of it without putting effort into writing
a verbose email.