I think this is an intriguing approach - particularly for use cases on
mobile devices. We display captchas as necessary through MobileFrontend
when they are triggered, but the mobile experience is horrible (arguably
the whole captcha experience is horrible regardless of the medium, but
that's another conversation). As long as we need to surface captchas,
something non-text based, especially if it didn't require typing, would be
preferable.

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 10:07 AM, Mansi Gokhale <gokhalemans...@gmail.com>wrote:

> hello,
>
> These are some approaches i can think of instead of a text based captcha.
>
> The image idea where users are asked to spot the odd one out like
> demonstrated or find all the similar images like mentioned in
> here<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/CAPTCHA>
> .
>
> Also a picture with a part chipped in could be shown and chipped pictures
> could be given as options
>
> like find the missing part from a jigsaw puzzle.
>
> The image which would be shown is http://imgur.com/uefeb08
>
> http://imgur.com/KEJqCg3 is the picture which would be the correct option.
>
> The other options could be rotated versions of this , which would not be so
> easy for the bot to match. (unless it somehow worked some digital
> processing algorithm and matched the color gradients or something like
> that).
>
> This is a good option for people who do not know english or are illiterate
> and maybe would not understand questions like : is this a bird , plane ,
> superman? after being shown a picture.
>
> Tell me what you think
>
> (Sorry to upload those images on imgur. i dont know how to put them on the
> wiki .Hope that is ok)
>

> have posted this on the CAPTCHA
> page<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Talk:CAPTCHA>also

Arthur Richards