On 02/25/2014 10:05 PM, Brad Jorsch (Anomie) wrote:
Namespaces do have opportunity to allow for shortened references within the
extension. Although potentially with confusion, particularly if the
shortened reference is hiding a "global" class of the same name (e.g.
aliasing Extension\User to User).

Yes, that's the advantage. I wouldn't be so contrary as to make MyExtension\User, though. But I do have a PageFilter class safely namespaced like this, which could easily end up used as a name by core (but currently isn't) or an extension.

Matthew Flaschen