On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 10:23 PM, Matthew Walker <mwal...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
> Please reset my 2 factor auto preference in the wikitech database.
>
> My GPG key is available from the MIT keyserver [0]. Establishment of
> ownership of the Mwalker LDAP account by this email can occur via
> gerrit [1], or the edit history of my user page on [2].

I'm not sure how any of that establishes anything?

> (Incidently; I should probably get more signatures on my key...
> anyone in the office want to sign it?)

The simplest option if you're in the office is to just tell an op in
person. (who can verify who you are because they know you)

> [0] D731C1C0 -- available from
> http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?search=mwalker%40wikimedia.org&op=indexi

Please don't use short key IDs. Also, any other user could make a key
with the same address you used and submit it to the keyserevers and
then it would also show up in search results for your address. (plus
we shouldn't trust the keyservers themselves so much)

More about short key IDs:
http://www.asheesh.org/note/debian/short-key-ids-are-bad-news.html

> [1] https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/admin/groups/28,members
> [2] https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Mwalker

[2] redirects (somehow??) to another domain. Maybe better to link
straight to the history page.
https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=user:mwalker&action=history

-Jeremy