I know this might be offtopic, but people on this list seem likely to be
interested or know people who are. Please feel free to forward.

Wikimedia Foundation is hiring people to:
* write code to try new ways to encourage people to edit Wikipedia (Growth
engineer<http://hire.jobvite.com/CompanyJobs/Careers.aspx?c=qSa9VfwQ&cs=9UL9Vfwt&page=Job%20Description&j=o8NJXfwl>)

* keep our users' data safe (operations security
engineer<http://hire.jobvite.com/CompanyJobs/Careers.aspx?c=qSa9VfwQ&cs=9UL9Vfwt&page=Job%20Description&j=oT6cYfwT>)

* make sure our designers and multimedia engineers build the right
things (multimedia
product
manager<http://hire.jobvite.com/CompanyJobs/Careers.aspx?c=qSa9VfwQ&cs=9UL9Vfwt&page=Job%20Description&j=oG4pYfwR>
)
* automate more of the systems that help developers test new code to find
bugs early (Test Infrastructure
Engineer<http://hire.jobvite.com/CompanyJobs/Careers.aspx?c=qSa9VfwQ&cs=9UL9Vfwt&page=Job%20Description&j=oFtlYfwb>)

* like 19 jobs total - check out
https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Work_with_us

(Many WMF workers, including me, telecommute. You might also like our
Pluralism,
internationalism, and diversity
policy<https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Pluralism,_internationalism,_and_diversity_policy>.)

And of course everything you make at the Wikimedia Foundation is freely
licensed, so you can suggest your buddies use it to solve their problems,
write public blog posts about it, talk about it at parties and conferences,
and link to it on your résumé. Isn't open source nice?

Thanks!

Sumana Harihareswara
Engineering Community Manager
Wikimedia Foundation

P.S. We also list these jobs in the monthly engineering report which gets
mailed to this list.