On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 4:15 PM, Steven Walling <steven.wall...@gmail.com>wrote:

> If your patch causes a serious UX regression like this, it's going to get
> reverted. The core patch involved was being deployed to Wikimedia sites /
> impacting MobileFrontEnd users today. If we had more time in the deployment
> cycle to wait and the revert was a simple disagreement, then waiting would
> be appropriate. It is obvious in this case no one tested the core change on
> mobile. That's unacceptable.

You quoted my email, but didn't seem to read it. Changes to MediaWiki core
should not have to take into account extensions that incorrectly rely on
its interface, and a breakage in a deployed extension should result in an
undeployment and a fix to that extension, not a revert of the core patch.

*-- *
*Tyler Romeo*
Major in Computer Science