On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 2:54 PM, Tyler Romeo <tylerro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Right now you are placing the responsibility on the developers to make sure
> the site is stable, because any change they merge might break production
> since it is automatically sent out. If anything that gives the appearance
> that the operations team doesn't care about stability, and would rather
> wait until things break and revert them.
>
> It is the responsibility of the operations team to ensure stability. Having
> to revert something because that's the only way production will be stable
> is not a proper workflow.

That's not how it works. Developers are responsible for helping with making
sure the site is stable. It's the developers responsibility to write good
code
that's not going to crash the site. This has always been true. Long before
you were here. Long before I was here too. That's what we get for working
on MediaWiki master. It's part of what's expected out of you as a MediaWiki
developer. If you don't like that you can go home and kindly let the rest of
us get back to work.

Should we decouple the process of deployment from development further?
Sure, let's talk about that. But please don't start about how it's not your
freaking responsibility for crashing the site when you merge some code.

-Chad