Jared Zimmerman writes:

> I'm tired of fighting over this, I'd like to move on, and moving on does
> not mean going on to the status quo.

The status quo has been thoroughly tested by 400 million viewers a month, for
46 months (June 2010-March 2014; ); it is a flexible and elegant solution
that leaves the choice of the exact font up to the reader's software, as
already explained by Isarra.

I'm tired of having https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/124475/ blocked for no
good reason at all, when five people have already +1'd (how many other
patches have you seen like that?).

Steven has essentially said that we're /temporarily/ reverting to a setting
that is know to work over his dead body; we don't need you to take the same
approach, too.

Or, alternatively, please do explain here why setting font-family to "sans-
serif" is disruptive, sub-standard and generally not a bright idea.

                Tomasz