On Sun, Apr 13, 2014 at 1:37 PM, Marcin Cieslak <sa...@saper.info> wrote:

> I agree that -1 is practically a death penalty to a change.
> But that's not a positive development, because
> even a mild -1's completety discourages anybody to post
> a positive review (I wonder how many +1 or neutral
> comments were posted *after* some of the WMF reviewers
> posted a -1).

That seems dramatic and hasn't been my experience. A -1 does mean others
will be less likely to review, but it doesn't discourage positive comments
about the change. Often people will -1 a beneficial change because they see
how it can be improved further, but the answer is to respond to their
comment with "I've filed bug NNNNN for that suggestion", and invite them to
remove the -1.

--
=S Page  Features engineer