Daniel Friesen wrote:

>... The okTurtles/DNSChain authors...
> make ridiculous statements like "It depends on group
> consensus, but the group might not be very bright. What
> happens then?"....

While I agree with much of Daniel's analysis, that part was actually
the most compelling of all the arguments against convergence.io,
except for the part about okTurtles/dnschain accepting multiple
passwords which decrypt the same cyphertext to different data sets,
because http://xkcd.com/538/

And that part is more than compelling enough for me to remain
convinced that okTurtles/dnschain is superior to Convergence.

I enjoyed the https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7Wl2FW2TcA
video because I used to sit 10 meters from Kipp Hickman at Netscape
when he was adding certificate authorities to SSL. I remember him
joking about it in the hallway, right next to the letter from the NSA
which said Netscape would be in trouble if they didn't comply with
various demands which someone had pinned up across from Dan Mosedale's
cube. Five years later I was reviewing CALEA compliance documents at
Cisco. I wonder what Mosedale wants to do for DNS these days.

Best regards,
James Salsman