On 05/13/2014 11:37 AM, Daniel Kinzler wrote:
Hi all!

During the hackathon, I worked on a patch that would make it possible for
non-textual content to be included on wikitext pages using the template syntax.
The idea is that if we have a content handler that e.g. generates awesome
diagrams from JSON data, like the extension Dan Andreescu wrote, we want to be
able to use that output on a wiki page. But until now, that would have required
the content handler to generate wikitext for the transclusion - not easily done.

From working with Dan on this, the main issue is the ResourceLoader module that the diagrams require (it uses a JavaScript library called Vega, plus a couple supporting libraries, and simple MW setup code).

The container element that it needs can be as simple as:

which is actually valid wikitext.

Can you outline how RL modules would be handled in the transclusion scenario?

Matt Flaschen