Legoktm will be working on this with me, but part of the condition of him
being released from his Flow work to do this was that he finish what he's
doing with Flow first.

Once he's done, we'll be working on it. I really have no way of guessing
when that'll be or how much work we've got ahead of us, so at this stage I
have no way of offering a timeline that isn't just a wild guess.

Dan

On 16 May 2014 20:46, MZMcBride <z...@mzmcbride.com> wrote:

> Chad wrote:
> >On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 4:38 PM, MZMcBride wrote:
> >> I suppose you could rely only on global (in the CentralAuth extension
> >> sense) accounts, but it really would make sense for Wikimedia to get its
> >> own house in order first: we should finish fully unifying login across
> >> Wikimedia wikis before delving into concurrent authentication systems.
> >
> >Yes, let's please. But that's another thread.
>
> All right. What's the status of fully unified login across Wikimedia wikis?
>
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/SUL_finalisation was marked historical in
> January, but that's probably not right.
>
> As far as I'm concerned, the ability to easily rename global wiki accounts
> (or accounts across all Wikimedia wikis) and a long warning window prior
> to forcible account renames both seem like hard prerequisites, but the
> former is still in development and the latter hasn't been started. I
> imagine this can't be done in 2014, so possibly 2015?
>
> MZMcBride

Dan Garry
Associate Product Manager for Platform and Mobile Apps
Wikimedia Foundation