Am 17.05.2014 17:57, schrieb Subramanya Sastry:
> On 05/17/2014 10:51 AM, Subramanya Sastry wrote:
>> So, going back to your original implementation, here are at least 3 ways I
>> see
>> this working:
>>
>> 2. action=expandtemplates returns a <html>...</html> for the expansion of
>> {{T}}, but also provides an additional API response header that tells Parsoid
>> that T was a special content model page and that the raw HTML that it
>> received
>> should not be sanitized.
>
> Actually, the <html></html> wrapper is not even required here since the new
> API
> response header (for example, X-Content-Model: HTML) is sufficient to know
> what
> to do with the response body.

 But that would only work if {{T}} was the whole text that was being expanded (I
guess that's what you do with parsoid, right? Took me a minute to realize that).
expandtemplates operates on full wikitext. If the input is something like

  == Foo ==
  {{T}}

  [[Category:Bla}}

Then expanding {{T}} without a wrapper and pretending the result was HTML would
just be wrong.

Regarding trusting the output: MediaWiki core trusts the generated HTML for
direct output. It's no different from the HTML generated by e.g. special pages
in that regard.

I think something like <html transclusion="{{T}}" model="whatever">...</html>
would work best.

-- daniel