On 19 May 2014 19:36, Amir Ladsgroup <ladsgr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> As a bot operator I think API parameter about flagging bot or not is
> necessary

Sure, but as I'm not a bot operator, can you explain why and what you use
this for, to help me understand? :-)

> Implementing the parameter (whether the current status quo or my
> suggestion) in UI is important, I think adding a mark box besides minor and
> watch options would be great (for bots, admins and flooders)

I think so too. Display it only to people with the bot flag, and their
edits will be tagged as bot edits iff they check the box. The API would be
unaffected, and continue to function as it did before.

As a product manager I am wary of adding more clutter into the already busy
edit interface, but given the scope of the feature (i.e. it only displays
to people flagged as bots), I think it'd be okay.

Dan

--
Dan Garry
Associate Product Manager for Platform and Mobile Apps