Le 21/05/2014 00:32, Sumana Harihareswara a écrit :
>  we'll be talking about Andrew Green's "Typesafe enums" proposal
>
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Requests_for_comment/Typesafe_enums

Hello,

I will not be able to attend, but have a minor concern.  The Typesafe
enums RFC mentions PHP build in [SplEnum] class and dismiss it because
it is unintuitive.

Before reinventing the wheel, it would be nice to elaborate a bit more
as to why SplEnum is unwanted.  I am afraid of having to maintain yet
another piece of custom code and make the MediaWiki learning curve
slightly worth.

Ideally we would work with upstream to enhance it and match our needs
but I guess it is going to take too long (ie years before it land in
production).

[SplEnum] http://www.php.net/manual/en/class.splenum.php

cheers,

--