Hi.

A coworker of mine passed this along today. I thought readers of this list
might be interested.

https://jibe-hackathon.eventbrite.com/

---
Saturday, June 21, 2014 from 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM (EDT)
New York, NY

Hack the Web! Join us for the Jibe Hackathon.

Here at Jibe, we make the Web a better place. We build APIs where there
are none, we present insights from opaque data sources, and we polish and
simplify the user experience of decades-old technology.

We want everyone to do the same, so we’re hosting a hackathon for
making the web more useful. Hack the Web, build something awesome, and
potentially win a prize! Prizes are as follows:

* First place: $7,500
* Second place: $3,750
* Third place: $2,250
* Best HR-related hack: $1,500

Coding will start at 11AM and wrap up in time for demos at 8PM. Prizes
will be announced around 9PM.

There will be Jibe developers on hand to provide guidance and present on
useful technologies and techniques like scraping, data visualization, and
browser automation.

Food and beverages will be provided.

Full official rules can be found at http://jibe.com/hackathon-rules.
 Please feel free to reach out to hackat...@jibe.com with any questions!
---

Unfortunately I know almost nothing about the sponsoring company, but it
seems that while Jibe is primarily focused on human resources-related
software, this hackathon is simply focused on creating a better Web. I
imagine there are a few Wikimedia-related projects with the same goal. :-)

MZMcBride