I was looking for a free (possibly open source) provider of automatic
translations for my open source application I am working on and quite
had troubles finding some. Then I realized we have a project called
"wiktionary" which could possibly (I was assuming it's open
dictionary) help me here, but I was quite disappointed as I couldn't
find any simple way to perform simple queries like:

translate "banana" from english to czech

I think that we could (maybe should in spirit of openness and
wikiness) have some wiki-based web application that would serve this
purpose - allow people query / translate simple words, but maybe even
whole phrases. If anyone could edit this, maybe it would grow up into
huge dictionary of all possible or frequent phrases that could be
easily translated to any language on world.

Do we already have anything like this?